The Board of Special Olympics Australia is seeking an exceptional individual to be the organisation’s new Chief Executive Officer. This is a unique and outstanding opportunity to lead a national organisation that uses sport to promote the physical, emotional, social and mental well-being of people with an intellectual disability.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Senior leadership experience, ideally as a Chief Executive Officer;
- A strategic mindset coupled with a dynamic, contemporary leadership style and well-honed people skills;
- An ability to navigate complex stakeholder relationships throughout national and local sporting organisations, in particular with government, disability service providers, key sponsors and partners, athletes and volunteers;
- Strong commercial acumen and financial skills and the ability to grow revenue streams for the organisation;
- Experience as the public face of an organisation and the ability to effectively manage communication, media and public relations; and
- Agility, resilience, impeccable ethics and personal integrity.
It is preferable that the role will be based in North Ryde, Sydney, New South Wales, however allowances will be made for an outstanding candidate to be based elsewhere.
The full Role Specification is available here.
Written applications close at 9am AEST on 24 May 2021. Application instructions are provided within the Role Specification.
This is a release from Special Olympics Australia.