AUSTRALIAN SPORT AWARDS 1980-2007
For over 25 years CAS recognised and celebrated the great achievements of Australian sportsmen and sportswomen through the Australian Sport Awards.
The Australian Sport Awards showcased excellence across many areas of the industry. Held every year from 1980 to 2007, the Awards recognise exceptional performances by athletes, coaches, administrators, officials and sports businesses. CAS will work to reinstate the key awards and seek harmonisation with other awards to make a seamless transition.
Enduring Award Holders
The following are the enduring Gold Award holders of the Australian Sport Awards last held in 2007.
- Dawn Fraser Award – Casey Stoner
- Male Athlete – Cadel Evans
- Female Athlete – Libby Lenton (now Libby Trickett)
- International Team – Australian Cricket Team
- National Team – Geelong Cats Football Club
- Coach of the Year – Norma Plummer
- Athlete with a Disability – Kurt Fearnley
Past Award Winners •View the following table to review all Australian Sport Award Winners from 1980-2007.
•Click on the table below to enlarge print size.