CAS has a highly credentialed and dedicated Board of Directors with a broad expertise and knowledge of the Australian sporting landscape. The Directors have combined over 50 years’ experience as National CEOs in the Australian sport and non-for-profit sectors.
Rob Bradley (President and CEO)
- Involved in Australian sporting scene for over 30 years having been one of the early graduates of the Canberra University Bachelor of Sports Administration with a subsequent MBA at Southern Cross University.
- CEO of Royal Life Saving Society Australia for 16 years significantly increasing the financial strength, community awareness of key issues and industry leadership
- Early work was in operations and development at the Australian Rugby Union for 7 years which included building and implementing the Australian Rugby Pathway.
- Held numerous national and international chair and board positions across sporting, leisure and recreation, lifesaving and drowning prevention organisations and interest groups
- Successfully worked with and through Government to towards policy and legislative change in areas such as GST, home pool fencing and compulsory swimming and water safety education.
- Rob has been a director of CAS since 2009 and commenced as Chief Executive Officer in January 2013.
Lindsay Cane (Director)
- Lindsay is currently CEO of the Royal Far West Children’s Health Scheme – one of Australia’s oldest children’s charities.
- Impressive background as Sport National CEO and CEO in the charitable and healthcare sectors requiring high level government and corporate negotiations and partnerships including:
- Netball Australia
- Australian Asthma Foundation
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- She ran a successful CEO consultancy business for several years and served on a range of high level boards including the Commonwealth Games Advisory Board. She is a Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and is a graduate of the AICD Directors Course
- Member of the CAS Board since 2003 and has served on Australian Masters Games Advisory Boards.
Graham Fredericks (Director)
- Up to November 2013 Graham was one of Australia’s longest serving CEOs of a national sporting organisation having held the position with Cycling Australia for 18 years.
- He has been a Director of Australian Commonwealth Games Association and a Director of the Sport Australia Hall of Fame.
- In 2004 Graham was named Sport Executive of the Year at the Australian Sport Awards
- Graham is a former Executive Director of ACT Rugby Union and is currently consulting in sport and association management.
- Member of the CAS Board since 2003
Neil Dalrymple (Director)
- Neil has played key roles in a diverse range of Australia’s participation sports with experience at national and state level for near on three decades
- He has been Chief Executive Officer at Bowls Australia since May 2007. Neil is currently a director of the Australian Commonwealth Games Association and of the Australian Premier League.
- Neil has previously been CEO of NT Cricket and Softball Australia, as well as two separate stints at Cricket Australia, which has provided him with a strong understanding and commitment of the value of sport for all Australians regardless of gender, background or ability.
- Neil has an inclusive and pragmatic approach to sports administration and governance and has been a CAS Director since 2009.