Australian Sport Awards
CAS is committed to extending the history and legacy of the Australian Sport Awards that have served to celebrate the achievements of Australian sportsmen and sportswomen and to encourage the pursuit of excellence in sport for over 30 years.
The Australian Sport Awards showcase excellence across many areas of the industry. Held every year from 1980 to 2009, the Awards recognise exceptional performances by athletes, coaches, administrators, officials and sports businesses. CAS will work to reinstate the key awards and seek harmonisation with other awards to make a seamless transition.
Current Award HoldersThe following are the current Gold Award holders of the Australian Sport Awards last held in 2007.
• Dawn Fraser Award – Casey Stoner
• Male Athlete - Cadel Evans
• Female Athlete - Libby Lenton
• International Team – Australian Cricket Team
• National Team – Geelong Cats Football Club
• Coach of the Year – Norma Plummer
• Athlete with a Disability – Kurt Fearnley
Past Award Winners •View the following table to review all Australian Sport Award Winners since 1980.
•Click on the table below to enlarge print size.
HONOUR ROLL 1980 - 2007